With the new ELO-X, SMS Elotherm is bringing to market a modular and economic machine concept for induction hardening. These flexibly configurable hardening machines possess the properties and options necessary for individual solutions in special machinery construction.
Planning a new hardening plant? We should be happy to configure a suitable machine for your use – high-grade technology - modular, compact and efficient for optimum hardening results.
The modular machine platform for hardening steel regardless of workpiece
Modules form the basis of the new machine concept for vertical hardening applications. As a provider of special applications, SMS Elotherm has succeeded with ELO-X in designing a machine platform for process and solution-oriented configurations. The modular concept allows the hardening plant to be combined largely regardless of the workpiece, with all the variations necessary for individual customer requests and specifications. For you, that means an efficient and thus effective production or testing plant.
For questions about technical feasibility and for optimum hardening results, SMS Elotherm's Process and Calculation Engineers are always on hand with their expertise.
SMS Elotherm's technical centre has two highly flexible induction hardening machines for vertical and horizontal hardening tasks. Thermographic photos of the heating process taken with a thermal imaging camera, and extensive process optimisation are also on offer, as are full workpiece evaluation according to hardness specification and the associated documentation.
SMS's own inductor production allows rapid optimisation of inductors. By combining modern technology and our decades of experience, we can support you as a reliable and innovative partner in process development.
- Modular system for all workpieces
- Modern, functional machine design
- Standardised carry-over parts - reduced variation in replacement and wear parts.
- Excellent availability for maintenance and repair
- Integrated IO link sensor system for process data capture
- Simple retooling for new workpieces by replacement of front modules
- Plant extension by extra modules
- Optimised and flexible plant configuration - strong reduced footprint
- Ergonomic and intuitive operation
- Wide application range from manual feed to robot cell
- New standards in cycle times
- Short delivery and assembly times, rapid commissioning
- Optimum assistance function, e.g. automated inductor replacement